- Senior electrical design role with Lancashire County Council.
- Full range of electrical services in the built environment
- Mixed bag of projects including schools, libraries, civic buildings and commercial premises
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team alongside chartered engineers
- Excellent benefits package including flexible working
As the Electrical Project Manager within the Building Design Team of Lancashire County Councils Design and Construction Service you will manage a small team of design Engineers responsible for the delivery of all Building Services across the authority.
You will be able to undertake the design, specification and project management of electrical Building Service projects in a lead or support role depending on the project complexity and scale. You will also manage the Engineering team to ensure their projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the quality expectations of LCC.
You should be able to proactively collaborate with other members of the Building Design Team, and across the Council’s other Design and Construction disciplines, working within well-defined functional objectives yet questioning and challenging Council practices and procedures based on improvements in technology, legislation or improved efficiencies.
- The design and specification of Building Services
- Lead in the Project Management and delivery of complex and high risk Building Service related projects, ensuring they are delivered within time and budget to the quality expectations of LCC.
- Support and provide the day to day management, supervision and guidance of the Engineering Team, including allocating work, performing design reviews, ensuring projects are effectively delivered and managing the teams’ performance.
- Manage external consultants in the delivery of projects, ensuring KPIs are met and quality is maintained.
- The proactive liaison with other services within LCC and across other disciplines within the Building Design Team and wider Design and Construction Service.
- Providing specialist technical advice and support within LCC and across other disciplines within the Building Design Team and wider Design and Construction Service.
- Supporting the Principal M&E Engineer in the delivery of all Building Services related projects.