- Senior building services design position
- Our client is a national multi-disciplinary with 12 offices throughout the country.
- Excellent benefits package and working conditions
Their Liverpool office employ a mix of project managers, quantity surveyors and building services engineers.
Their projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million and smaller schemes across varied sectors.
These sectors include education, commercial, high end residential, retail, industrial, leisure and many more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical design solutions
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
Experience and Skills Required
- Degree qualified and heading towards chartership
- CIBSE/IET professional institute member
- Over 5 years building services design experience
- It would be advantageous to have previously worked for a consultancy